LIVING WELL IN THE COMMUNITY – APRIL TUESDAYS & WEDNESDAYS 1PM-2PM
April 5 @ 12:00 am - April 28 @ 12:00 am
About this Event
• Goal setting: Participants identify what is important in their lives and to develop goals in support of larger, life changes.
• Building support: Participants develop strategies so that problems don’t get in the way of achieving their goals.
• Healthy reactions: Participants create strategies for more positive responses.
• Staying on course: Techniques to guard against becoming discouraged and losing direction.
• Healthy communication: Individuals who exchange clear messages with service providers and others in their communities are more likely to get their needs met.
• Seeking information: This session focuses on finding, evaluating, and using new information to help solve problems that interfere with achieving quality-of-life goals.
• Eating well: People who eat well have enough energy to participate in activities and reach their goals.
• Physical activity: How to evaluate current physical activity levels and develop plans to increase physical activity in support of improved health that will help them achieve their goals.
• Advocacy: This session pulls together the previous workshop sessions and helps participants use what they’ve learned to advocate for themselves and their communities.
• Maintenance: Strategies that will help maintain the behavior changes developed during the workshop as well as emphasizing the importance of staying connected with peers who support them in achieving their goals.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER OR CALL JANET PERREAULT AT 231-720-5182-